Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome to 2010...

2009 was a tough year for many, but 2010 brings with it fresh optimism and a new perspective.

I pray that you (and I) find some inspiration in knowing that God is in control...at all times.

The yearly "resolutions" is a bit much...aspiring to set goals and achieving them, now that's a possibility! With that said, taking a nod from my dear friend Tracie here are mine:

Spiritual goal: Trust God more and learn to lean on Him at all times, in all situations. To grow my spiritual being...read my devotionals.

Voluteering goal: To find the ministry God wants me in this year. I really want to focus on going to church more often, becoming a member, and becoming involved. I also want to try to do something in the community...maybe even with Emalynn...to touch others in need.

Physical goal: To become a runner. To complete 4-5 5K fun runs (starting out slowly with the goal to RUN the entire Race for the Cure run in October).

Mental goal: Stop comparing myself to others. Build myself up...turn to God more instead of unhealthy things during times of stress.

Wife goal: To be an encouraging wife. To be a spiritual example to my hubby...to continue be his support system. To spend one on one time with him more.

Mom goal: Not get obsessive about being a "good mom". To not focus Emalynn's negatives...I want (need) to focus on the good things she does...and encourage her so that she can continue to encourage me. Need to get Emalynn started on her chores / earnings.

What are your goals?


No comments: