Friday, January 07, 2005

Ok...so I played Hookie...

I didn't go into work today...frankly, I just didn't feel like it. I had a late night (went to bed at 3 am). Jon and I had a long talk about some things in our lives, including our relationship and stuff. Lots of crying, more understanding, and hopefully more love and growth from it all...

I have come to the realization that I truly love my family, and that includes my husband (wink)! And more than ever, I have to realize that relationships are about give and take. Sometimes you gotta give, and sometimes you just gotta take! Up until last night, I felt like I was doing a lot of giving, and not getting a chance to take. I had to talk to him about this...I was starting to feel like I didn't matter to him anymore...not as his wife, but as his friend. He's been hanging out with the guys a lot and I get "stuck" watching Emalynn all of the time...not that I don't adore the time I get to spend with her, but I have to have some "me" time! Now realize, he doesn't neglect Emalynn at all, which I am so happy about...because most of the time he gets to pick her up from daycare around 2 or 3 and spends the afternoon with her until I come home from work, usually around 6 or 6:30. Then I have to do my wifely and motherly duties and feed my family, and when all that's said and done, then he wants to go play poker, or go to a "meet"...and he usually can go and do whatever he wants to do at anytime...that's the part of the relationship where I give...

Anyways...this isn't a bitch session about my husband...sometimes you gotta talk it out, either to yourself, or to the other person...and now I have had the opportunity to do both, and I feel a lot better for it.

Like I said before, I hope that alot of growing and understanding has come from it...on both sides!

I love my husband with all of my heart...

No comments: