Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Since I didn't do a Fave Five post last Friday, I'm going to list my fave five from the past 2 weeks. Here are mine:
1. Celebrating our wedding anniversary. Emalynn spent the night with my dear friend Tracie and her little boy, while Jonathon and I could spend some quality time together celebrating 12 years of marital bliss on Sunday, January 25th. Jon and I visited the Haak Vineyard & Winery in Santa Fe, Texas. That was a neat experience...our first time to go. We took a tour of the facility, did some wine tasting. So romantic. Then we went to dinner at Pappa's Seafood House and watched a movie. For us, just being able to spend some one on one time together made our special day special.

2. Spending time with our friends for a Superbowl Party. People came over, played flag football, ate Jon's famous Italian Burgers, watched some football, ate some HOT wings, watched some more football...it was all good fun! We certainly missed those of you who weren't able to make it over for some reason or another...but a great time was had indeed!

3. Falling back into a normal work schedule! We decided that Emalynn would be better off staying later in the afterschool YMCA program. She used to go from 1:50 - 3:15. She dreaded coming home on the bus only to not have her friends around to play with. Since she doesn't get homework, she gets really bored! So in turn, starting this week, she was switched over to full time afterschool care. SHE LOVES IT! And I must admit, I enjoy returning to some kind of normalcy with my schedule. I am working 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Now don't get me wrong, the leaving at 2:30 3 days a week was nice, but I dreaded the working until 7:30 the other 2 nights of the week!
4. Getting to go to church this Wednesday. Jon had to work. I was feeling a tug, a need to go to church. I called Jon to let him know that if I didn't answer my phone, it was because Ema and I were going to go to church. He was happy with that and we made our way! The praise and worship was great and the sermon was even better! I felt a peace like I hadn't felt all week...maybe even the past month. It was good.
In Philippians 4:5b-7, Paul tells us how we can find peace in the midst of our worries. He says,"...the Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:5b-7 (NLT)
5. Life in general. I'm so thankful for what God has in store for me. I try diligently to follow His ways...to lean on Him...and I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Just have faith, know He is always with me, and trust Him...He takes care of everything...












1 comment:
Awesome list!!!
I haven't made my list today because I've been too busy "working" ;-) but one of my favorites has been chatting with you all week. I love ya.
Post a Comment