For the past 2 years or so, I have watched Jonathon go through some things with his health. High blood pressure and high cholesterol at the age of 30 had him facing some frightening realities. The doctor advised him to lose some weight and to fix his diet. He started running, and really watching what he ate. But the food temptation, it's a horrible thing. Eventually you realize that changing food habits actually needs to be more of a lifestyle change.
From that, I have gained inspiration and motivation. Reality has finally kicked in...Jonathon cannot make these types of changes unless we both make these changes. Knowing that he needs my support to make better food choices, I have the determination to FINALLY accept those changes that we need to make; it needs to come from within myself, for me. I need to be healthy. I need to make a lifestyle change. I need to do this FOR ME!
And in doing so, we will get to a point where we are BOTH healthy. We really need the support of each other to get where we want. The payoff, I can only pray, is that I lose weight and get healthy, making choices and adjustments as a lifestyle for the both of us.
I have been trying to commit myself to do some form of exercise at least 4 days a week. I'm thinking I need to up that to 5 times a week, but 4 is a start, right? Last week I walked/ran for 35-45 minutes 3 times. This week I walked/ran Monday and yesterday. Plan is to do this every day this week. Good start so far. I am going to start incorporating some strength training 3 times a week into my weeks as well (using my Jillian Michaels DVDs). I'm thinking tonight might be a good night to start!!
Here will be my schedule:
Sunday - rest
Monday - walk/run 35 minutes, strength train 40 minutes
Tuesday - walk/run 35 minutes
Wednesday - walk/run 35 minutes, strength train 40 minutes
Thursday - walk/run 35 minutes
Friday - walk/run 35 minutes, strength train 40 minutes
Saturday - rest
I've been keeping my daily caloric intake at 1000 calories per day (or less). This is because I need to lose weight. Once I get to my goal weight, I will slowly up the limit to about 1400 calories a day. I realized that I was eating WAY to much, and not making really good food choices! It's amazing how much you find out when you start counting calories and fat intake...yuck!
This time is for real...and I finally feel like I am making my lifestyle change!
I am looking forward to our journey...wish us luck! :-)












1 comment:
Good luck sister!
Ya know, you might try heading to your local library to check out some healthy cookbooks. I'm actually going today. I'm thinking I might look into glutten-free stuff. I honestly don't know what glutten is, but I know that getting rid of it helps kids with autism and people with other medical issues. So it's gotta be bad, right?! So I'm gonna see what I can find at the library--no need to buy anything that I'm not committed to, right?!
Anyway, good luck. I know you can do it!
Post a Comment