Thursday, May 21, 2009

We're gonna make this post Tempting THURSDAY!! :-)

Ok, so Jon and I have been working on eating healthier...and isn't it just fabulous when we take a little more time to do your grocery shopping, and lo and behold you find something that'll help your goals right along??

Check these out: Flatout Bread

Yep, the flatbread is just plain GOOD FOR YOU!

Check out nutritional info on the Original Light!

What about the Italian Herb Light??!? Yep, the same nutritional value!!

So, Jon and I made "pizzas" Tuesday night for dinner. I REALLY wanted to create a light, greek style pizza so here's what I did for mine:

Ingredients:

1 Original Light (or you could DEFINITELY substitute with Italian Herb Light)
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/4 tbsp. Italian seasoning (unless you use the Italian Herb Light Flatbread, of course)
1 cup precooked boneless skinless chicken breast (I got the frozen kind that's already diced up to make things easier - thaw it out while doing step 6)
1/2 cup spinach leaves
1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (from the produce section)
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
1/2 cup skim milk mozerella

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lay your flatbread on a cookie sheet (or stone).
3. Combine olive oil and italian seasoning in bowl (unless you use the Italian Herb Light flatbread).
4. Brush the olive oil mixture over flatbread.
5. Bake in oven for 7 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, saute the spinach leaves, bell pepper and mushrooms in some olive oil. I added some more italian seasoning to this to give it a little flavor.
7. Once the flatbread has baked, pull it out of the oven. Spread a little more olive oil over the flatbread.
8. Begin to layer your toppings. First sprinkle the mozerella cheese. Then add the diced chicken. Add the spinach, bell pepper and mushrooms. Then top with the reduced fat feta cheese.
9. Put it back in the oven and let the cheese melt (approximately 5 minutes). I even broiled mine for just a minute at the end to brown up the top of the pizza.

Jon ended up making a pepperoni pizza, using pasta sauce, mozerella cheese, grilled mushrooms and bell peppers, and turkey pepperoni. It was tasty, but he really enjoyed mine!

If you end up trying this recipe, leave me some feedback. I would love to hear what you think of this pizza.

Bon Apetite! :)

No comments: