Thursday, June 04, 2009

Gentle Reminder...

So a couple Sundays ago, Ema and I went to church with Tracie and Seth...the guys had gone fishing, so we went fishing...for God's grace and truth. The first song that was sung struck my heart...so hard. There have been struggles...but God knew. He knew that I needed to be reminded...that HIS grace has overwhelmed my brokenness. That HIS love will never fail. To know HIS name. And to live within the Saviour's love.

The song is the first song on my playlist right now. It is by Hillsong Live (Savior King), and ironically enough, I had the CD. Just never really had a chance to listen to it...to REALLY listen to it, ya know? So the other day, the devil was trying to toy with me...and I felt the tug...to pull out my CD and listen to it. The 4th song was exactly what I needed to hear on my way home...and I cried. I worshipped the Lord and cried. The song:

You Are My Strength
by Reuben Morgan

You are my stregth. Strength like no other.
Strength like no other. Reaches to me. You
are my hope. Hope like no other. Hope like no
other. Reaches to me. CHORUS: In the fullness
of Your grace. In the power of Your name.
You lift me up. You lift me up. Unfailing love.
Stronger than mountains. Deeper than oceans.
Reaches to me. You love O Lord. Reaches to
the heavens. Your faithfulness. Reaches to
the skies. Your love O Lord. Reaches to the
heavens. Your faithfulness. Reaches to the
skies.
This is the second song on my playlist. I encourage you...when you are down, or the devil is trying to toy with you, that you seek HIM...and for me, the avenue is through praise and worship. Songs speak to my soul. The words help me...heal me...thank you Lord. Thank you for giving the world Your only Son for us! To know Your Name. You loved a people so undeserving. I am so undeserving...but so loved. You ARE MY STRENGTH!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

I am so glad y'all went to church with us that day. I am so glad to have been there as God was "speaking" with you. I felt it and I know the lady next to you did too. You are so loved.

(((Hugs)))