As some of you know, I have made some lifestyle changes in the way I eat, and starting to exercise to better myself...for myself! I am on the way to making myself a better person, inside and out. The out is looking good, and I am always working on the inner part of me. That's where God comes in...well, He actually helped with my out as well. That's the kind of God I serve...knowing that for me to better my inner self, I needed to better my outer self.
*I will have to post before and after pics for you to see what God has done!*
Well, I'm sure you are wondering "where are you going with this Samina?" Here you go...
I WANT TO COMPLETE A 5K...yes, I said it - A RUNNING 5K!!!
That's my goal...
The past 2 years I have done the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure - and I have walked it. After walking it this year, I felt the urge to want to run...to Run for the Cure. That is my goal for next year's race. Can I do it?!? Sure I CAN!!
Because my God tells me:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13 (KJV)So, I will sit back and enjoy the holidays...but come first of the year, I will start training to become a beginner runner...walk and run a couple of 5ks, with the goal of RUNNING the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure in October 2010.
Wish me luck...
Oh yeah...anyone who wants to join me in this journey, please let me know...everything is greater with someone else!












2 comments:
Great job Samina!
Here is a good website for finding races.
http://www.harra.org/955dir/fun/raceresultsites.html
I'm actually going to do the one this Saturday, since it's so close. I'll probably regret it since we're going to Andy's Grandma's house that afternoon.
The Jingle Bell Run is fun, I've done that in the past. Would do it this time, but we're busy that weekend. When Chevron had the 5K and 1/2 marathon during the marathon, that was fun because you ran next to the marathoners. Lots of spectators and it was very inspiring. There's also a Houston Press run that is really fun too.
I like to do the smaller runs because I hate crowds, but there's a better chance for freebies and prizes. :-)
Count me in on this. Hoping to do a run ever 2-3 months.
Hey Mina! Chuck found some GREAT techniques for learning to run. He runs forever now after doing it for about 6 months. I started it a few months ago and I have built up to running 2 miles without stopping. If you want to help, just let me know! I will def. run with you next year!!!
This is a GREAT goal Samina! I know you can do it!!!!
Post a Comment