Sunday, October 11, 2009

Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure, October 3rd, 2009

As humbling as it was my first year to do the walk (last year, 2008), this year was just a reassurance that I needed to do this...I need to support a cause for all women, young and old, to do my part in finding a cure for Breast Cancer.

Here are pics from the walk:

Me, Diane (20 year survivor), her daughter (and my dear friend) Courtney, and Maggie (Courtney's new Shitzu puppy)







Diane, entering the Survivor Path...how humbling!!
Again, it was such an honor...and what is even more humbling?? After we walked with Diane, she sent us all an email expressing her gratitude for walking with her and how blessed she was that she has friends that support her!!! WAH?? I emailed her back and said that I was the one who was so blessed and honored to be walking next to her!!

No comments: