We lost power on Friday night around 8:45 pm. We had stayed in touch with the neighbors for them to let us know when the power came back on...the only concern was that the neighbors we asked lived across the street and normally, when our power goes out, there's doesn't. Don't ask me why, other than I think that they are on a separate transformer or something. So, today we decided once we got the call that their power was on, that we would go ahead and head back to the house, hoping and praying that our power was on as well. We get to the house, try the garage door opener, and we heard it moving (we pulled the link connecting it before we left)...and we had never been so happy to get power back.
The power had been out for 64 hours - that's almost 3 days!! We lost all of the food in the fridge and freezers (we also have a deep freezer)...which sucks! I cleaned and bleached the fridge and freezers. That was a good feeling! However, it just hurt deep inside to know that I had to throw all of that food away and basically start over. But then I realized, well at least it was just food. Had I had to replace items for one room, much less a whole house, I would have been devastated! But luckily, it was just food, and it was very much replaceable!
I am so worn out...I found out that Emalynn's school is closed tomorrow and we have no gas at any of the gas stations here in Kingwood! So, I guess I won't be going into the office tomorrow. That will enable me to get to the grocery stores and try to get things in order - back to some sense of normality!
Thank you Lord, for keeping watch over us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment