Monday, September 19, 2005

A WONDERFUL Weekend...

I had a wonderful weekend! Pretty busy, but overall, very effective and lots of fun! :)

Friday night, I met Bree at her house and we hung out for a while. After that, we went to her church to scrap with some of the other ladies from her church. We left there about 12:30 and headed over to Whataburger to hang out a little while and chat. We haven't spoken in a long time, and there were a lot of things that Bree has been dealing with in her life. It was one of those moments I hope I stepped up to the plate for her as her best friend. I really care about her and want her to know that I'm there for her, any time of the day! We didn't leave there till about 2 am. I got home close to 2:45!! But that's ok, because I would hope she would do the same for me...and I'm positive she would!

Saturday, my friend Joy came in from Milwaukee. She was coming down for business (JeffersonWells - my last employer), is who she works for out of the Corporate office. We have been friends ever since I worked there, but we've never had the opportunity to meet up. So this was a great experience for the both of us! She came in on Saturday just for me!! :)

We took her to a new BBQ restaurant that opened up by our house called Smokey Bones. They have some great barbeque and I know that since this was her first time to Houston, she wanted to eat BBQ and Tex-Mex! She really liked the ribs and brisket she ordered! After that, we headed down to the Kemah Boardwalk for the afternoon/early evening. We decided we would hang out there, with Emalynn and Jon of course. Joe, Amanda, our friend Mike, and his girlfriend came with us to Kemah. It made for a great group and we had lots of fun watching Emalynn play in the water spouts and jumping in the moonwalk. We ate at Cadillac Bar and then headed over to the Dog Tracks. We didn't win very much money, but we won about $10. So, all in all, Saturday turned out to be a great, eventful day!

Sunday, I had a hard time waking up...I guess it was all that running around we did! But, once I crawled out of bed, I made us some breakfast. Joy spent the night at our home, so I made her some French toast, eggs, hashbrowns, and some bacon. Then Joy and I headed out to the Astros game. Jon stayed home to watch his NFL Ticket and kept Emalynn occupied for us so we could enjoy some time to ourselves. Joy loved the ballpark and took pictures and she even got to experience a foul ball hit the row right behind us! She said that was the one and only time a foul ball has come that close to her! It scared the bejeebees out of me, that's for sure...and I must say, if they showed that part on TV, I was in the picture...looking silly as can be, I'm sure! The best part of it all was that the Astros won!! :)

We headed back home, to watch the Packers game. It was a great game, but it came down to the wire, and we didn't have very much time to get the onsides kick and go for a game winning field goal. It was disappointing...oh well! Hopefully they will do better next week!! Jon made some chicken on the grill for dinner, and I made some homemade mashed potatoes, spinach, and ranch style beans. Speaking of ranch style beans...you guys have got to try it with sour cream and cheddar cheese!! Yummy!! After that, Joy had to head back to the hotel...

We're looking forward to meeting up tomorrow evening at the Galleria...and we're going to get some Cheesecake Factory for dinner! Can't wait!! :)

No comments: