Well, last night Joy and I met up at the Galleria. We did a little shopping and headed over to the Cheesecake Factory. I found out that Joy had never been there, but that they had built one close to her home in Milwaukee. We took forever figuring out what we wanted to eat...because for anyone that HAS been there, they know that the freakin' menu is huge!! I had already known what kind of cheesecake I wanted BEFORE I could figure out what I wanted to eat for dinner, lol!
Everything was great, and we had some good conversations...I must say, Joy will definitely be missed!
But once one event is complete, another has to come into play, right? Well, what I'm trying to say is that Hurricane Rita is making it's way into the Gulf of Mexico, getting closer to us. They are still unsure of the path it will take, but the cone includes the entire Texas Gulf Coast and it is a Category 5 hurricane at this point!!!!!
Earlier this afternoon, I ventured out to fill up my tank with gas and to get some groceries. Ella came back from her lunch break and told me that it was very difficult to find any gas and that Kroger's was empty! Nothing left...that freaked me out because I needed to get us a few items since we weren't sure what was going on! I decided I would try out the Randall's instead, since it's nicely tucked away from the main road, and sure enough, I was able to get the items I needed. I got some bread, milk, water, charcoal, lighter fluid, Capri-Suns, and most importantly, toilet paper! We needed toilet paper in the house anyways, and I couldn't imagine being in the house for the next couple of days without toilet paper! Thank God for TOILET PAPER!! :p
Needless to say, once I got done at Randall's, I drove down to Westheimer to find some gas. Every gas station I passed had already run out of gas! Amazingly enough, I got to the Diamond Shamrock and waited in line for about 10 or 15 minutes and was able to fill up my tank. Whoo hoo! Full tank of gas - now I just need to get home...
We just got done going over our Disaster Recovery Plan here at work and it has been decided that the office will be closed tomorrow and Friday. I'm a little excited about that, but a nervous WRECK because of the uncertainty of where this thing is going! I hate it when my plans can't get in order...lol!
I guess I will post later and let you guys know where we stand with everything! Wish us luck - and stay safe guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment