Monday, October 24, 2005

Where are the Killer Bees???

I guess they must have gotten lost...cause they weren't in Chicago this weekend! I'm a little upset that we didn't win at least one of those games, but c'mon, right?!? The freakin' weather there stunk! Especially last night! But we had Andy Pettite on the mound - who has pitched many a times in the Bronx, in that kind of weather - which, don't get me wrong...he did a superb job!! Then I started wishing they would have just left him in there to pitch the 7th inning!! But no...then the White Sux got another call in their favor when the pitch that hit Jermaine Dye was called a hit batsman! Bullshit! It clearly hit the BLACK barrel of the bat (kind of looked like the BLACK sleeve of the shirt) that got hit, and I must say, those acting skills sure as heck sold the umpire that he was hit!! Imagine, 3-2 count, maybe Wheeler could have thrown a strike the next pitch...but that was quickly put to the back of my mind when we ended up tying the game with Vizcaino's superb hit and Burke's spectacular slide into home!! And so we send Light's Out Lidge to the mound, so he could give up a walk-off homerun! :(

Oh well...you win some, you lose some, right?? Well, I think we've done enough losing! It's time to win some ball games!! Don't let us down Houston! You guys can do it...

No comments: