Monday, October 10, 2005

WOW - all I can say! :)

This weekend was great! On Saturday, we all got up and had McD's for breakfast. Emalynn ate her pancakes and hashbrowns, so that was good. We relaxed a little and I gave Emalynn a bath, so we could all get ready and go to the carnival her school was having. Emalynn had a blast riding the rides. We rode on some that I thought were questionable for her age, but she ended up loving them! We rode the tea cups, kind of fast and jerky, and she didn't like it at first, but by the time the ride was over, she wanted to do it again! Then we rode on the hanging swing thing. She sat in the seat right in front of me, and I held onto the back of her swing. I was more concerned that she could fall out when it went up a little higher. It was just the two of us on it, but it was fun! She enjoyed herself very much! Saturday night, Emalynn and I stayed home while Jon went to the track. I watched the baseball game and she watched her Cinderlla movie in her room. The Astros won, btw! So that was great!

But what was even better was Sunday! We normally watch DirecTV's NFL Ticket - which my man loves, by the way! He can see all of the NFL games in HD...I went to the store and got some things to BBQ and beer - gotta have beer! I was listening to the game on my way home, but I found out that the Braves had hit a grand slam and they were leading the game 4 - 0...needless to say, when I got home, the Astros game was not on TV. I got busy making guacamole, and our friend called us and asked if we were watching the Astros game because Berkman had hit a Grand Slam in the 8th inning! The Astros were down by one run: 6 - 5. So we watched the game, and next thing I know, we had 2 outs in the 9th, and Ausmus was coming up to bat. Needless to say, Jon wasn't too thrilled, got up to go to the back porch, and I even ragged on him about it...Ausmus then hits a long ball that bounces off of the wall - I think at that point everyone was just thrilled that he got a basehit, but as he came up to second, you could see the 2nd base umpire twirling his finger round and round above his head - Ausmus hit a homerun! The ball bounced on the cement right above the yellow line...so the game was tied and we were going to go to extra innings. Who would have thunk it - but the game lasted 18 innings, and we ended up on top because of Chris Burke's homerun into the Crawford Boxes. We were on the way to St. Louis to play in the NLCS!! We made it past the Braves - 2 years in a row! What an awesome day!!

No comments: