Thursday, November 20, 2008

All about me...

So, I saw this post on Unfinished Thoughts and That's All i've got to say about that's blogs, and I loved reading them. It shed some light on things that I knew and didn't know about 2 of my closest friends. So, I thought I'd share some things about me with you, known or unknown. I hope you will enjoy reading it...and leave me some thoughts about what you read...

WARNING: This is long...very long. But I think this has been a long time coming...I really needed this...again, thanks for reading and enjoy! :)

I love my God…I lean on Him everyday.

I have been saved for 14 years…

…was a Muslim 18 years of my life.

I have had my ups and downs as a child of God.

I am constantly working on my relationship with Christ.

I strive to be the best Christian I can be.

I am scared that I will fail Him.

I am a Woman after God’s own Heart…

I love my husband…he is the love of my life!

I have been with this man for 15 years this year…

…we will be celebrating 12 years of marriage in January.

I am more in love with him then the day that we got married.

I strive to be the best wife God has called me to be.

I am scared that I will fail him.

I am a Wife after God’s own Heart…

I love my daughter…she is the blessing I have longed for all of my life.

I want to spend as much time with my daughter as possible…

…I know she won’t stay this little forever!

I learn new things from her every day…she has taught me about a new love.

I desire to see her face the moment I wake up and right before I lay my head down at night.

I can’t imagine my life without her.

I strive to be the best mommy I can be.

I am scared that I will fail her.

I am a Mom after God’s own Heart…

I love my friends...they are who help me to stay sane!

I take the word friend very seriously…

I have had to let go of those that were not the best influences in my life.

I miss some of my friendships…

…especially my old “best friend” friendship…

…but I thank God everyday for giving her back to me…

...she is still my friend, and always will be...

I try to surround myself with those people that will lift me up…

I was raised to be a half-glass FULL kind of girl.

I tend to be a little too negative…

…especially on myself.

I have been hurt by my dad in the past…

…but that is what makes me stronger.

I still have a relationship with my father…

…it means the world to me whether or not he knows it.

I miss my mom…she lives in Florida.

I pray that I will get to see her in March for Spring Break.

I haven’t seen her in 5 years…and it makes me sad.

I am the oldest of 4 children…I miss my brother and my 2 sisters.

I am especially grateful for my extended family.

I truly believe God places people in your life for a reason.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by such compassionate people.

I have had the privilege of watching my husband’s siblings grow up to the wonderful people they are.

I have a full time job…working for a company in the Galleria area…

…wishing everyday I could be a full-time stay-at-home mommy!

I want to go back to college to get my Bachelor’s degree.

I want to be a teacher.

My favorite color is purple.

I love coffee…especially from Starbucks!

…they make the best Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Peppermint Mochas.

I love to scrapbook pictures of my daughter’s journey through life.

I want to scrapbook my wedding pictures…

I want to scrapbook my travel pictures…

Preserving memories is important to me.

Laughter is indeed the best medicine…

…and I’ll take all the medicine I can get!

I love to read…I wish I had more time do so.

I don't like bubble baths...I take 2 or 3 per year...

...maybe because I don't have very much time.

I love candles.

I buy them but don’t burn them (probably as often as I should).

I love the smell of baked cookies.

I love to bake cookies and cakes with my daughter…

…it brings me joy to see her face light up!

I love trying new recipes, especially healthy ones on my husband…

…it brings me joy to see his face light up!

I love romance…sometimes I wish I had more of it in my life.

I cry at weddings…

I cry when I hear audio of the Space Shuttle launch…

I cry at emotional things, especially when I can see myself in their situations.

I guess you can say I am sentimental.

I love to watch ALL sports…I’ve been made fun of because of it…

…especially because of the passion I have for the Houston Astros…

I cried at Biggio’s last game, and I have a picture to prove it!

I guess you can call me a die-hard fan! ;)

I love football…watching and playing.

I LOVE Italian Crème Cake.

I can’t stand a messy house.

I love being lazy.

I can turn the “OCD” switch on and off as I see fit.

I delight in myself once I have accomplished something.

I love Fall.

I love nude shimmery nail polish.

I like shimmery eyeshadow.

I especially love black and grey shimmery eyeshadow.

I own TONS of make-up.

I don’t wear very much make-up...I’m saving it for that special day!

I’m a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl.

I love to wear my sweats in the house…and sometimes when I go shopping.

I love to wear my hair straight…

…and so does my husband.

I love to pull my hair back into a ponytail while relaxing on the couch after a long days work.

I love to cuddle…especially with my daughter.

I love to hold my husband…just hold him.

I love hearts. I love to draw them.

I love flowers. I love to draw them too.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Fun facts!!!! I loved reading all about you! (((Hugs)))

Bree said...

You were not kidding about it being long! ha ha!! I enjoyed reading it! love you!!!

Neanner said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing things about yourself. I learn something new about you all the time! LOVE YOU SAMINA! *hugs*