We had a previously scheduled Parent/Teacher conference scheduled for Friday, the 31st. Prior to me meeting with the teacher, I stopped into the Principal's office to speak with her about the events that unfolded the previoys day ~ the Vice Principal was there as well. They were so relieved that I came in to speak with them (and probably that I wasn't screaming down their throats, lol)! I needed to be calm about the situation. YES, I was VERY frazzled over the whole situation on Thursday. But after I spoke with the director and went home to talk things through with Jon, we realized there was just a lot of miscommunication and unknowns about the procedures of certain things. This was expressed in my meeting with the P and VP; they openly admitted that there were some GAPING holes in the process.
Realize this guys, before you get upset with the school and transportation...there is a REASON why Kindergarteners get out at 1:50 and the rest of the school gets out at 3:20 ~ at least in Humble ISD. At 1:50, the Kindergarteners are taken home, the bus driver is FULLY AWARE of parents that are there to receive their little ones. So, if a parent is NOT there to get them, they take the child back to the school where the parent is then immediately called.
Ok, so the YMCA offers 2 options of after-school care. The first one is specifically for Kindergartners - they can stay from 1:50 - 3:15 and get on the bus with the other kids at 3:20 or they can stay until 6:00 with the other kids who got out at 3:20 as well. Since I was able to get my schedule adjusted, we opted for this so that Ema didn't have to stay all day up at the school. Well, since Emalynn is the only Kindergartener on the bus, the school failed to inform the bus driver that she is indeed a Kindergartener and that if her parent isn't there to get her, then he needed to bring her back to the school. This would have stopped Ema from getting off the bus on early release day, as again, she was on the bus with the other children who got out at 11:30 - he had no idea! Needless to say, the Principal and VP are going to get on the bus this afternoon at 3:20 and inform the bus driver of Emalynn being the only Kindergartener and things will go forward.
I can't dwell on the "what-ifs"...I just know I serve an awesome God who had His heavenly angels around her once her little feet touched the ground that day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
Thanks for the update, I've been wondering. I've also wondered what the procedure for UPS is if this happens. Thankfully, he was able to find a neighbor but I would have thought the first response would be to call the police. But everything worked out as God planned and I'm sure what actually unfolded was the least tramatic.
Im glad that things will be ok from here on. I know that things do happen, but this just goes to show us that He really does watch over and guide and protect us when we trust and serve Him. Samina, as a praying mom your baby was covered and protected in all ways even when the unthinkable happened. I picture the angels that were with her from the time she was put on the bus all the way until Jon got home. Funny thing is I also prayed Friday morning, to start the day as usual, but remember saying something in my prayers for my family that I usually don't pray. I remember praying and thinking to myself "I usually don't pray that but ok". Didn't think anything of it and just kept on praying. I'm glad that God watches over us as a family and hears our prayers even when we are so far away from eachother. It never fails to amaze me. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment