Saturday, August 28, 2004

Fun Day at Splashtown ~ or not...

Well, we managed to get to Splashtown...at 1:30!!! We were all wanting to leave the house at 10:30 and get there when it opened at 11, but that didn't happen because Joe had to do a job and make some extra money. We told him he needed to give us each some money for having to wait on him...hahaha.

When we got there, you could see the clouds rolling in. Maybe it was going to rain in a little while? Who knew...all we knew was that we wanted to try to get some fun in before it started to pour. So, Amanda, Joe, and Andy took their tubes and tried to get on some rides. Jonathon and I took Emalynn to the kiddie pool area. She was hesitant at first but opened up to it. I looked over and saw a cool twirly slide that I could go on with Emalynn ~ so I decided to take her. She loved it! Jon said she had a huge smile on her face as we came down the slide. So, I told him he should take her, and he did. As he was coming down the slide, he got stuck! But it wasn't anything bad...I'm just guessing that water wasn't going under his butt, so he stopped...needless to say, once they made it down, Emalynn didn't have any kind of expression on her face. Hehehe. I decided I would take her again, and she loved it the second time (third overall), too!

Around 3:15 it started thundering and they shut down the rides, so we went back to the lockers and got our stuff and headed out. They issued rain checks, which we need to use this season, so I am hoping that we can plan a day to take Emalynn again. Maybe that time we'll be sure to take a camera ~ waterproof that is. I would love to scrap her day at Splashtown, especially since she's so much bigger!

No comments: