Sunday, August 29, 2004

Sunday ~ Veg Day

Well, today is Sunday and I got to sleep in this morning. My husband is the greatest ever! I guess since he isn't really able to during the week, he loves to wake up with Emalynn on the weekends and take her out of the room to spend some quality time with her in the mornings, and let me sleep in. I just love that about him. I try to do the same...depending on if he's really tired and not wanting to get up. I just wish she would know that it's the weekend, and we all want to sleep in! Maybe she'll learn one day soon!

Jon and Emalynn picked up some donuts and kolaches from Shipley's for breakfast and brought them home. So that was good. Jonathon doesn't normally eat breakfast, but on the weekends, we try to do something. Whether or not I cook us breakfast, or he does, or like today, goes out and gets breakfast.

Jonathon went to the dealership today to try to rework the deal on the car. Everything went smoothly, and we have officially said bye-bye to Jon's awesome Hemi Quad Cab Ram, and said hello to his new SRT-4. He loves it! And it saves us on gas. He's estimated that he will save about $200 - $300 on gas a month. Now that we have the Durango, it'll be worth it. Otherwise, we were looking at two gas guzzlers! At $40 a tank, it would be majorly expensive! No worries ~ my Durango has the Hemi engine also, and is more than capable of pulling Jon's boat. Hopefully he won't want to get rid of that. I think it would be great for us to take Emalynn out on the boat next year. She got to go once this year, and really enjoyed it.

While Jon took Emalynn with him to the dealership, I went to Tracie's house to hang out and veg and scrap a little. It was great! Breeann wasn't able to make it. But that's ok...she had to prepare her lesson plan for her new teaching job. She had been praying about it really hard and hoping that everything would work out! I'm so excited for her. Amanda couldn't make it either; she had plans with some friends a couple of weeks ago and they cancelled on her and ended up rescheduling it for today. But on my way home, I found out that they ended up cancelling on her again! That's horrible! Tracie and I munched on some Spinach and Artichoke dip I brought over and ate a great salad with some chicken breast pieces that Tracie made. It was very good...but what was even better, was the dessert she had made. It was brownies with some pudding on top with bananas and whip cream. It's a Pampered Chef recipe, and it was great! I left her home close to 8 and got home around 8:30.

Emalynn has been in a much better mood. She started taking her antibiotic for her ear infection Friday evening, and we can tell a huge difference in her attitude. Poor baby...she hadn't had an ear infection in so long, we couldn't tell what was bothering her. We thought it was her teeth...turns out it was the combination of her teeth coming in and her ears hurting. I want her to talk in plain English so bad...so when her ears hurt, she can say "Mommy, my ears hurt really bad". That'll be the day!

Speaking of...she's trying so hard to talk! She points at books and acts like she's reading. Just blabbing away. She says her normal words all the time. And right now...since we've gotten the Durango with the DVD system in it, she has been hooked on Finding Nemo. She watches it in the car, and then when she gets home, and then she goes to bed! I'm so tired of it! But in a good way, of course! Maybe (hopefully), it's just a phase! We try other movies, and some of them interest her...but, ultimately, in the end, she could just live watching Nemo forever!

Well...I better go for now...more to come soon...

No comments: