A couple of my favorite love songs are sung by Bryan Adams...such depth in his words that somehow translate in the way I feel about those I love, particularly my husband. Jonathon and I will be celebrating our 12 year anniversary this Sunday, January 25th. Though we have endured many ups and downs in our marriage, we feel like we are on top of this world, by God's Grace of course! I am so in love with this man, it amazes me that although we have spent 15 years together, time has not worn down that love. Time has only made it that much stronger - and this is why:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-13 (NIV)













1 comment:
I have such fond memories of Bryan Adams. His music always brings back such fun, innocent memories. *hmmm*
Congrats on your anniversary! Your love and playfulness for each other always encourages me to be more playful with Andy. Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment