So, we get up about 8:30...because you know Emalynn never sleeps past 8:00 or 8:30 even on the weekends!!! Oh well...that's ok...it was especially nice today since she could get up and see that Santa brought her some presents!
So, we go over to the tree and Jon pulls out one of her presents to open and she sits on the floor and begins to tear the paper...she has a blast doing that to present after present.
She's only 21 months old, and basically has no concept as to what she is doing other than that she's getting to rip paper off of a box and there's something fun and magical underneath just waiting for her!
So, after that's all done, Jon goes out to the backyard and notices that there is some snow / ice left on his boat, and calls me and Emalynn out there, and we make some snowballs and Emalynn holds one and then throws it on Jon's command and hits me with it! How sweet, I think...and then I realize that Emalynn's not even two yet and she gets to see what we could even call snow in Houston! I can only hope there will be more where that comes from in the years to come!
Jon's mom and stepdad and sister come over in the afternoon and we just play some games and have Christmas dinner together...that was lots of fun.
I'm so glad we get to spend Christmas with the ones we love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment