Needless to say, I am EXHAUSTED! I can feel my body aching! Saturday, I got up and was out the door by 9:30 to go and get groceries for the Christmas party. It was to start at 3:00. I did so much running around, got home, Jon helped clean the house, put Emalynn down for a nap at 1:30, finished cleaning the rest of the house, kept telling myself that I WAS GOING TO TAKE A SHOWER before everyone got there, hopped in the shower at 2:50 and was in there for about 10 minutes, put mousse and gel in my hair, blow dryed it, put my clothes on, Emalynn wakes up, Joe and Amanda get her ready while I go to open the door for the first guests to come in! Whoa...can we say "Slow down already"??
The party was a success...we didn't have Santa come visit, but that's ok. Santa will be there for Christmas at Mimi and Granddad's! That should be lots of fun! We spent some time getting the food ready so we could have dinner around 5 or 6. Then we got the children together and passed out Christmas presents. They opened their presents, with joy in their eyes. Then we gathered them all and sat them on the couch to give them their stockings. That was lots of fun. By then, the food was ready, and everyone was hungry, ready to eat. So all of the adults got their plates together and we sat around the table and ate. Then we did our white elephant exchange gift with all of the gift cards we all brought. That was lots of fun.
Sunday, I was soooooo in the mood for tailgating, and Jon's friend cancelled on us. So we decided, since it was so beautiful outside, that we would take the 32" TV out into the garage and gather the chairs around and watch some football. That was soooo much fun! Doesn't beat tailgating, but it does the job! Jon had a few beers (few being the key word) and we made burgers on the grill.
So, all in all, it was a fantastic weekend...and I'm reaping it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment