Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

Today was a wonderful day ~ VERY cold, but wonderful. I got up, headed to the dentist (I have to have a lot of work done, and basically the only time I can do it is when I'm already off)...and got all of my cavities filled on the bottom teeth. I got home and realized I needed to run to the store and do some grocery shopping. Meanwhile, the football game was on ~ Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings...HUGE game! I get home with about 5 minutes left on the clock and got to see the Packers win the game by a field goal! That's ok...a win is a win, and we are very excited for the Packers. Anyways...it's starts to get dark, and Jonathon wants to take Emalynn to go see Christmas lights. So he starts putting her in the car while I'm putting on my tennis shoes, and he runs in and starts yelling that it's starting to snow! I was like WHAT??? I run out, and you can see snow flurries falling in the sky...we were pretty excited. We go ahead and head out to see the Christmas lights, with Emalynn oohing and aahing and saying "COOL" and pointing her little finger! Needless to say, she fell asleep looking at the lights, so we go on home. When we get there, we notice some of the cars across the street had gathered snow-ice, and we were pretty surprised. The flurries kept coming down, but nothing would really gather except on the vehicles...but it was so awesome! Snow on Christmas Eve in Houston, Texas!! What a great way to end the day!

Records show that Galveston, TX got 4 inches, Victoria, TX got 13 inches, and Corpus Christi got 11 inches! WOW!!

No comments: