Friday, September 03, 2004

What is this world coming to?

I am devastated over the tragic news of the hostage situation in Russia. Today, it has come to an end. After 1,200 people were being held against their will and of those 1,200, 70% of them were children. There are anywhere from 100 to 150 children dead. I am so upset. Those poor kids...they were innocent children taken away from their family for no reason...that is to them. I can't help but go to the restroom and cry for them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58381-2004Sep3.html ~ News Article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/photo/world/G59249-2004Sep03.html ~ Pictures...warning...some images in this gallery may be disturbing because of their violent or graphic nature.

I know that we live what seems like worlds apart, but it hits home for me, because as I look at those pictures of the innocent children, hurt and with fear in their eyes, I can't help but think of my baby girl, Emalynn. God forbid anyone try to hurt her, because I think that I would have to kill them! Ok...confession here ~ Samina said that if anyone tried to hurt her daughter she would kill them!

Ok, sorry...not to make light of the situation. Looking at the pictures, I started crying because I could see the fear in their eyes and it just tore my heart apart. I am so sick of these lunatic people thinking they are doing justice by hurting and killing innocent people, whether they are men, women, or children...with no regard!

What is this world coming to? Is the end near?

No comments: