We had a great Thanksgiving this year...although, I must say, it wasn't the same without Joe and Amanda there. We had most of the family together, so that was good, and Joe and Amanda were able to stop by later on in the evening. They went to spend Thanksgiving with Amanda's family this year.
Everyone came over around Noon. We had sub sandwiches for lunch, of course with the smell of turkey cooking in the background! We played board games and poker, and chatted, and laughed...football was going on in the living room, so that was good. Around 6 or so, we got all of the food together, and made our plates and sat at the table. We held hands and said a prayer over the food, and then each person went around the table and spoke about what they were most thankful for. I was happy that we did, as last year, we did not. It was really weird...and awkward. Sometimes we just need that special day to acknowledge those things we are most thankful for...
I, myself, am so thankful for my precious husband, Jonathon, and our beautiful daughter, Emalynn. I'm also thankful for the breath of life God gives me each day.
What are you thankful for this season?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment