Monday, November 01, 2004

WOW...it's been a week!

I haven't blogged in a week! Frankly, I blog while I'm at work, but I have been soooo busy lately!

Well, we had our company Halloween Bash up at the office on Friday. I picked Emalynn up and brought her up here and she enjoyed running around the office and making friends with Ella. She's not even two yet, so there wasn't much for her to do but act like she was the center of attention and run around and squeal...so cute! She dressed up as a kitty this year, and everyone thought she was so cute...they funny thing was, one of the adults here dressed up as a cat and so everyone was calling Emalynn her kitten!

Saturday we went to Fingers and picked out a rug for my new dining room table. It was a great deal...considering they tagged it wrong! The rug we had to get was an 8' x 11' rug, and they put the 5' x 7' rug tag on it! That was the last rug they had available, and the sales guy sold it to me for the tag price...guess how much it was...just GUESS! Ok, can't guess? It was $149!!! Yep, you heard me...I got a 8' x 11' rug for $149 ~ normally it ran for about $389! Thank God it looks beautiful under the table!

Sunday was Halloween. We sort of relaxed, considering Emalynn woke up at 8:30, which was actually 7:30 since the time change. Speaking of, Amanda is constantly bitching (in a nice way ~ is there a nice way to bitch...I guess so) about how she hates that it gets dark so early now. It doesn't bother me much...I like the evening time. People associate darkness with sleep...not me! I am a night owl, so when it's dark, I come alive...now listen to me...sort of sounds like I'm a vampire or something...maybe I was, in another life (wink)!! Anyways, back to it being Halloween...I went and did a little bit of grocery shopping ~ actually, I was getting some things I forgot when I went to the store on Saturday, but anyways...it passed the day along, I guess.

Emalynn took a nap from about 3:00 to 5:00. We had to wake her up because we had planned on taking her to the church carnival and it started at 5. That way we could go while it was still light out, and then get back in time so she could do a little trick or treating and then we could get home to give out candy. This year we did not have many trick or treaters. I had a bunch of candy left over...that's ok, I guess...but Emalynn was the cutest ever! She played about 2 games at the carnival and walked around like she owned the place...then we headed home. We got out and started walking the street (about half of it) and came back and then drove over to Aunt Manda and Uncle Joe's place. She trick or treated there and then down their street. She was so cute...I couldn't get her to say "treat" like she was saying on Friday at the company bash, but she would make sure she said thank you and bye bye to everyone as we would leave their houses. It was darling!

I can't wait until next year...now to think of what she'll be...

No comments: